Life with Scent of Orient
Welcome!
Before you read and comment on forum's post, please take a few minutes to register. Please use a real e-mail address in order to be able to activate your account!

If you have any technical problems, please contact the Admin here: scentorient@yahoo.com or www.facebook.com/lifewithscentoforient

Thank you!
Welcome!
Before you read and comment on forum's post, please take a few minutes to register. Please use a real e-mail address in order to be able to activate your account!

If you have any technical problems, please contact the Admin here: scentorient@yahoo.com or www.facebook.com/lifewithscentoforient

Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A beautiful community which brings together people from all over the world

HomeHome  PublicationsPublications  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Between friends
Tomato soup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2018 1:05 am by Scheherazade

» Friendship Coffee
Tomato soup Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 7:29 pm by Scheherazade

» Welcome in our community!
Tomato soup Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 7:21 pm by Scheherazade

» Good morning! Have a wonderful day!
Tomato soup Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 11:56 am by Scheherazade

» Marriage in Bahrain
Tomato soup Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 11:29 am by Scheherazade

» New rule for visa in Egypt
Tomato soup Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 10:20 pm by Scheherazade

» Lentil Soup
Tomato soup Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 7:12 pm by Scheherazade

» Why not introduce yourself?
Tomato soup Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2014 11:37 pm by Adriana

» Baba Ganouk recipe
Tomato soup Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 1:45 am by Jasmine

Site Translation
Sphinx time
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Meteo
Top posters
Scheherazade (146)
Tomato soup Eg4bul10Tomato soup Divide11Tomato soup Eg4bul10 
Ottety (32)
Haleemah (28)
Jasmine (19)
Hannah Samir (13)
Enya (12)
Krmelo (7)
Laura Isabelle (5)
Lumi (1)
Angelika Lancsak (1)
Visitors map
Tomato soup 93mpth7jx7x
Visitors’ Map
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Life with Scent of Orient on your social bookmarking website
Like/Tweet/+ Facebook

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Partners sites
Blog
Tomato soup Page11
Partners

free forum

Forumotion Support

Tomato soup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scheherazade
Sultana
Sultana
Scheherazade

Female Gemini
Pig
Birthday : 1983-06-12

Tomato soup Empty
PostSubject: Tomato soup   Tomato soup Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:06 am

Tomato soup is among my husband’s favorite dishes. He loves it that much that he wish I cook it every week lol!!
These being said, I got down to work and I made my husband the tomato soup in question, whose simple recipe but always appreciated by my family I want to share with you.

Tomato soup Tomato-soup-1-560x478

Ingredients:

• 1.5-2 kg of well ripened tomatoes or 1 litre of tomato passata

• 1 onion

• 2-3 carrots

• 1 piece of celery the size of a small egg

• optional: ½ of bell pepper

• 1 garlic clove

• 30 ml. of extra-virgin olive oil (this is what I used, a different type of oil is just as good, only that the taste of olive oil makes a really good/harmonious combination with that of tomatoes)

• fresh herbs: 3 bay leaves, 1 stem of fresh thyme, 1 stem of basil, green parsley or basil to garnish (as preferred)

• 1 tablespoon of sugar

• salt and pepper

• to serve: small, short pasta or bread croutons seasoned with garlic

Tomato soup preparation:

You could simply soak the tomatoes in hot water for 1 to 2 minutes so as to be able to peel them with ease, but this time I chose to do something slightly different, i.e. I put the tomatoes on the hot grill, making sure to turn them on all sides, for 5 minutes, which led to a concentration of the aroma giving them a wonderful taste while also ensuring that the skin would easily come off.
Tomato soup Rosii-gratar-1-560x444

I put the peeled tomatoes – after removing their woody inside with a knife – in a suitable pot, covered them with water (you can just as well use some vegetable, beef or chicken stock), added the bay leaves, the thyme stem and the basil one and just a pinch of salt and finally let them boil.
Tomato soup Preparare-supa-de-rosii-560x373

Meanwhile, peel, wash and chop the vegetables in small bits and crush the garlic. Heat the oil in another pot and add all vegetables at once, simmering until soft, at low temperature (you shouldn’t brown them at all – it would only spoil the final taste of the soup). As soon as the vegetables are soft, add a cup of water (200 ml.) and continue to boil.
Tomato soup Preparare-supa-de-rosii-2-560x373
After boiling for approx. 10 minutes, remove the pot with the tomatoes from the hob, take out the bay leaves and the thyme and then mash the tomatoes using the stick blender (you could also pass them through a sieve, especially if someone in your family is allergic to the seeds).
Tomato soup Preparare-supa-de-rosii-3-560x373
Add the mashed tomatoes over the simmered vegetables and fill with water until you reach the desired consistency (the soup can either be creamier or more liquid – depends on how you like it). At this stage you need to season the soup with a tablespoon of sugar (necessary to balance the acidity of the tomatoes), salt and pepper to taste.
Keep boiling it until the vegetables reach the desired consistency – I prefer them to keep their crisp texture a bit, rather than be very soft. If you wish, you can also mash the vegetables and then you would get a cream soup.
If you prefer to serve it with some noodles, boil the pasta noodles (some very tiny ones) in the salted water according to the instructions on the packaging and add them in the soup after you refresh them with some water and a drop of oil to prevent them from becoming sticky.

I prefer this soup more than with anything else with toasted bread seasoned with garlic and a greenish drop of olive oil trickling along.
Tomato soup Supa-de-rosii-1-550x600
No matter how you choose to serve it is just as delicious so there is nothing else left for me to do but to wish you to enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
https://scentorient.forumotion.com

Tomato soup
Page 1 of 1